Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Introduction To Kaleena T. Woodard AKA "Knowledgeable K"

“When I got my library card, that’s when my life began.”
Rita Mae Brown

Image Source: My laptop photo library/Facebook Profile: Kay Woodard

My name is Kaleena T. Woodard and I have been in the career of librarianship for the last ten years.  I was born on the east side of Joliet, IL. In the mid 1980’s, my family and I moved to Harvey, IL were I currently resided. I was raised by my mother along with two sisters and one brother.  I also have a teenage niece and a dog named Christopher Robin.  I have a bachelor’s degree in broadcasting from Western Illinois University. I completed my first master’s degree in library science from Chicago State University in 2008. I am working on my second master’s degree in library science at Dominican University.  Some of the courses that I have taken have been based on reference services. Currently, I  am a librarian for a partnership library called, The Barack Obama Learning Center.  The partnership library is a joint venture between Coolidge Middle School, which is a part of South Holland School District 151, and the Village of Phoenix, IL. The partnership library is the first library of it's kind in the south suburbs of Cook County, IL.  There are about 11 partnership libraries within the state of Illinois. If you would like a list of those libraries, I would be glad to post them. The library is a part of my life and I can not live without it. In my spare time I live to go to the movies and explore books from different authors that I have not heard about for not only myself but also my students.  Some people call me "Knowledgeable K" because I am a librarian and I should know everything but I really don't.  However, as a librarian, I work hard to find the correct answers for my patrons the best way that I can.  I use that name for some of my online handles or something close to the name.  Coming from a family full of educators, the library has always been a part of my life.  All aspects of the library keep me well diversified and knowledgeable of what was before me and what is a head me. Thank you for taking the time to reading my post and getting to know me. Stay Woke, Be safe, Be bless and humble always.  

Social Media:  I use Facebook all the time but I really do not use my twitter or instagram page all the time.
Twitter:@knowktw81
Instagram: knowledgeablek80


No comments:

Post a Comment